A user with secured party authority can terminate the secured party. A user with only Agent authority cannot terminate a filing.
For an illustrated step by step guide to registering, maintaining and searching the PPSA register please download the PPSR User Guide.
Steps To terminate a Secured Party:
- Login and click on a secured transaction in your “My Items” tab
- Click on the “Secured Parties” tab
- Select Manage Secured Party /Notice of Termination
If you do not have this menu option then you do not have secured-party authority for this secured party.
- Click the checkbox to confirm the secured party wishes to terminate
- Click the “Apply” button
- On the secured transaction view click the “Secured Parties” tab
Note the secured party now has a “Termination Date” and a “Secured Party Status” of “Terminated”
- Click on the “Filings” tab
Note the “Notice of Termination” filing
- Click on the “Dashboard” text link in the top right corner OR cancel from the view service
Note the secured transaction no longer appears on the “My Items” tab – this user no longer has any authority (agent or secured party) over the secured transaction
- Click on the “My Recently Finished Business” tab
Note the “Notice of Termination” completed service